Your daily activities certainly put a strain on your teeth. For example, a sports injury or even simply eating and drinking can deteriorate your oral health by harming your teeth and gums. Your smile may change as a result of a disease or ageing. So, how do you improve your smile?
Whatever the issue, a dentist can provide solutions to make your smile more aesthetically pleasing and functional. Here are five popular procedures that can enhance the appearance of your smile and oral health.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental treatments that enhance the appearance of your smile. Such treatments can be practical, making eating or cleaning your teeth more straightforward or reducing your risk of oral health issues. These procedures are entirely aesthetic, e.g., teeth whitening treatments.
Cosmetic dental procedures can address various aesthetic issues, including masking stains and discolouration and altering a tooth’s size, shape, or alignment. You can combine several techniques for a comprehensive smile makeover that meets your objectives.
Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry
Getting aesthetic dental work offers several advantages. Some of them are as follows:
- Strengthening teeth: Some aesthetic dental procedures guard your teeth against the harm that acidic foods and drinks and decay can cause. They ensure that your teeth are as strong and healthy as possible.
- Mood improvement: Everyone will notice how much better and more appealing your teeth look after cosmetic dentistry. People may get an erroneous impression of you based on the colour of your teeth.
- Money saving: You can avoid unnecessary costly dental procedures by taking good care of your teeth to prevent decay and damage. Obtaining braces is an excellent move to avoid catching food particles between your teeth, which can lead to cavities.
- Restore self-esteem: When aware of your dental issues, you can avoid embarrassing social situations. Cosmetic dentistry will correct your dental problems, such as misaligned or discoloured teeth, to make you feel better about yourself.
- Improve oral health: Straight, non-touching teeth enhance dental hygiene. Straighter teeth are easier to floss and trap less food.
5 Ways A Cosmetic Dentist Can Change Your Smile
Your smile might look better thanks to a variety of cosmetic dental procedures. Your ideal treatment will depend on your oral health and the aesthetic goals for your teeth. Your cosmetic dentist will recommend the best cosmetic dentistry technique for you after discussing your teeth’s aesthetic plans. Some of the procedures include;
1). Dental Implants
Dental implants are titanium-based artificial tooth roots used to replace natural teeth that need extraction. They are crucial to maintaining the appearance of your face because they promote bone regeneration and prevent neighbouring teeth from shifting into the gap. Implants easily blend in with your smile and look more natural.
Veneers are thin covers for the front surfaces of teeth. They can strengthen and improve your teeth’s appearance and help to mask chips or cracks. During the procedure, the dentist removes a tiny portion of the enamel on your teeth to make room for the scraped layer’s veneer.
While braces come in various designs and forms, their primary function is to realign crooked teeth. Braces will give you the smile you’ve always wanted if you’re self-conscious around friends and family because your teeth aren’t straight.
All braces function similarly, yet they all operate differently and require various amounts of time to take effect. While some teeth take longer than a year to erupt correctly, others can do so sooner. Finding out what will work best can be done with the assistance of your dentist or orthodontist.
This corrects discolouration, cracks, breaks, and chips in addition to tooth spacing. The dentist uses an etching agent to make the tooth’s surface rough before applying bonding material. The etching agent ensures that the bonding substance adheres to the tooth’s surface.
Dental crowns improve teeth’s strength, shape, alignment, or attractiveness by reinforcing diseased, damaged, or ground-down teeth. Dentists remove tooth enamel before constructing crowns.
A smile makeover can correct your dental issues and aesthetically align your teeth. A cosmetic dentist’s special skills can significantly increase your confidence and sense of self-worth. You should maintain proper oral hygiene and routine dental cleaning after the transformation to ensure the results last for a long time.
Let Us Change Your Smile!
Are you unsure of the requirements for your cosmetic dentistry? Contact a dentist right away to discuss your options. North Adelaide Smiles will assist you in making decisions about suitable cosmetic dentistry alternatives tailored to your circumstances. Give us a call now to start your smile makeover journey.